Ready to Speak to Our Team?
Tel: 01473 830030
Dear all our Customers, agents and suppliers,
Throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, governments around the world are escalating their measures to reduce the spread of the virus. This is having an impact on businesses of all sizes and, given the British Government’s recent actions, we wanted to reach out to reassure you that Tex Engineering Ltd and its Divisions will continue to be on hand to support your business.
As a responsible business, we shall be closely following and responding to changing government advice to protect against Covid 19 spread. However, as of this week, we have taken the following actions to ensure that Tex Engineering continues to operate as normal:
- Staff with roles that allow for remote working are now operating from home, but remain available for all customer queries
- Production in our Ipswich facility is ongoing
- Service engineers remain available for customers requiring support.
- Spare Parts remain available at the moment.
The welfare of our workforce, customers and industry partners will always be our highest priority. Therefore, our team are taking every precaution to ensure that they remain safe. I can assure you that we will not take action that puts either our staff or you at risk during this time.
We remain contactable via your usual contact.
Danny Hunter, Engineering Director
For and on behalf of Tex Engineering Ltd
Tex Engineering Ltd
Our Company COVID-19 Procedure 16/03/2020
- No Handshaking
- No non-essential external visitors; essential visitors must maintain 2m distance
- No non-essential meetings; alternative methods to be considered (Skype/telephone/Microsoft Teams)
- Hand washing on arrival to work & suggest on arrival at home as well
- If possible, delivery documentation to be emailed to reduce transmission risk & wash hands after interaction with delivery personnel
- All door handles/light switches/clocking in facilities etc to be regularly sanitised
- Anyone symptomatic with COVID-19 must notify their MD; the MD must then notify HR
INTERNAL TRAFFIC FLOW/MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE
- Staff segregation; comply with Government recommendations of 2m distance
- Staff to remain in own workspace (work bays etc) including rest breaks where practical
- Staggered work breaks to reduce staff interaction where possible
- Staff circulation should be minimised between offices including between subsidiaries
- Be mindful of activities outside work which may increase your risk
- All business travel to be cancelled, except essential travel to be approved by myself or David Redhead
- Report all personal & business travel to HR who will give guidance on possible quarantine on return
- Essential travel between corporate sites will also require authorisation from myself
- Please notify HR if you are aware of any staff who would be considered ‘vulnerable’ in regard to health for the purposes of Coronavirus
- Also please notify HR of any staff who have dependents who could be classed as vulnerable
Christian Ross, Tex Holdings plc
Bristowes M95 Chipspreader Refurbishment (March 2020)
The before and after a Bristowes M95 Chipspreader refurbishment, carried out by our experienced workshop staff at Bitmen Products Chorley. Please contact us T: 01257 264403 for further information.
Bluebottle Road Trailer – RM Trailers – February 2020
RM Trailers have been asked to commission a new Road Trailer by David Heritage Racing Yachts for the Historic Dragon Yacht Bluebottle. Built in 1948 by Camper and Nicholson it was presented to HM the Queen and HRH Prince Philip as a wedding gift from the Island Sailing Clubs of Cowes, IOW. The craft has been sailed by HRH Prince Philip and took part in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics where the crew returned with a bronze medal.
DHRY are undertaking a full restoration of the craft and have asked R M trailers to provide a suitable new road trailer as part of the overall package. We will keep you updated on the progress of the restoration.
R M Trailers currently supply DHRY with road trailers for the Etchells 22 race craft as well as XOD yachts. ”
More details with regards the Bluebottle can be found at http://classicsailboats.org/johan-anker-international-dragon-bluebottle/
Tex Engineering Cylinder Brackets
Tex Engineering has been seeing Red recently.
We were asked to manufacture ‘Cylinder Brackets’ for Reacton Fire Suppression, www.reactonfire.com for their hashtagfiresuppressionsystems Technical Director of Reacton Fire Giles O’Sullivan-Wade, “We are incredibly pleased with the outcome of these, they far exceeded the quality of previous brackets and we hope you maintain this standard. You have certainly raised the standard and set the bar very high so thankyou.” If you have any hashtagengineering or hashtagcoating requirements please do not hesitate to give our friendly sales team a call. 01473 830030 hashtagcylinder hashtagbrackets hashtagfabrication hashtagmanufacturing
Part of the Tex Engineering group